ZFG RACING CUSTOM TUNE PART NUMBER: ZFG-20-EXPLORER-3.0-CT001
****SAVE $50 WHEN YOU BUNDLE A CUSTOM TUNE WITH A ZFGR RTD3 OR HPT MPVI3****
Click Here to view our tuning guide and submit your data!
If you already have a custom tune for your vehicle and want to purchase and additional tune please click here!
Back in the game and better than ever our custom tuning is what you need to step up the performance of your 3.0l EcoBoost equipped vehicle. Whether your goal is all out race, or just a bump in power for daily driving, we have you covered! We offer tuning based on your fuel type and goal.
For the 3.0l EcoBoost we offer
- Auto Octane- an adaptive tune that adjust the to octane level of the fuel being used.
Typical gains of up to 50 hp and 50 ft-lbs of torque when using 93 octane with this tune!
- 91 and 93 Octane- Tunes specific to the rated octane level being used, while still maintaining the ability to turn down the power level if a lower octane level is use on accident.
Typical gains of up to 75 hp and 75 ft-lbs!
- E50 supports addtional ethanol content of 50%.
Typical gains of up to 100 hp and 100ft-lbs!
How to order you custom tune
- Select your tuning device. If you do not have an HP Tuner MPVI or RTD device yet you will need one, and you can choose you device from the drop-down menu. Each tuning package will come with the correct number of credits for the year and model specified in the package.
- Select your fuel.
- Auto octane can support, fuels from 87 octane to 93.
- Selecting 91 or 93 octane means you will always need run at least that much octane. For example, if you select 91 octane, you must run 91 or 93 octane. It is recommended that you never run ethanol free fuel, as even if the fuel is 93 octane E0 it has a negative impact on the performance of the vehicle. All our pump gas tunes can support up to 30% ethanol and adding ethanol up to 30% will increase the performance of our tunes
- E50 tunes can support an ethanol range from 40-60% however it is recommended you try to be as close to 50% as possible.
- Specify your tuning goal. Tuning goals are just that, goals. With the exception of tow tunes, specify a goal does not lock you in. Most tunes all start out with the same baseline and the goal tells me where to go from there. If you select a race tune you will be given the most power and fasting shifting possible through the tuning process, but if you find it too aggressive, we can always back off. That being said, if you want to have 2 tunes that a distinctively you will need to order a second tune, a good example of that would be someone who wants a race only file for the track and daily drive file for the road. Towing on any daily driver, performance or race tune is NOT recommend. Towing should only be done on a tow specific tune or the stock tune file.
Need a tuning device? Created by HP tuners the ZFGR RTD (Remote Tune Device) Interface is the latest generation of hardware that provides end user a simple tuning experience. The RTD Flasher application (Windows 7 to 10) has the ability to Identify, Read and Write only, making for clean user experience. The RTD File Format is a HP Tuners’ calibration/tune file format which also does not support VCM Editor. The RTD does support VCM Scanner, allow end users all the normal VCM Scanner abilities like diagnostics, DTCs, logging and scanning.
Reading, Writing and Data Logging
There are now two methods to read write and data log your vehicle, using you laptop with VCM Suite and RTD Flasher or using the new android and apple based app with the tune delivery network! For more details please check out our tuning guide by clicking the link at the top of the page.
TDN (Tune Delivery Network)
HP Tuners’ new Tune Delivery Network (TDN) is the fastest and easiest way for tuners to share calibration files and access customer information. Invite your customers to your network through the TDN portal to instantly share read files and access datalogs for remote diagnostics. The free TDN app syncs with an RTD or MPVI via Bluetooth, removing the laptop for your customers when it comes to licensing and writing tunes to vehicles. TDN makes it possible to reach more customers than ever.
The RTD Flasher is a read and write only application for Windows. It is only compatible with the RTD interface and will not work with the MPVI. RTD Flasher has no tune-editing or viewing features. When a customer reads a tune using the RTD Flasher, it will save as a .RTD file type. When a customer opens a tune to write, RTD Flasher will only open files of the .RTD file type.
VCM Editor, which comes with the MPVI, allows you to read most vehicles control modules flash memory and save it in our proprietary .HPT file structure. VCM Editor enables you to adjust a multitude of complex parameters such as torque strategies, spark tables, fueling, RPM limits, fan activations, transmission shift points and pressures, exhaust valve control, speedometer settings and many more. Finally, you write these changes back to the various vehicle control modules via the MPVI.
Package VCM Scanner with MPVI or RTD and you have the most powerful and comprehensive scan tool on the market. View, chart, and log diagnostic data in real time via the vehicle’s OBDII diagnostic data port. View and clear vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) along with other vehicle module information. Command control functions like closed loop, fans, gear select, timing, air fuel ratio and so more all in real time. No editor package can be considered complete without comprehensive scan tool capabilities.
Our tuning is compatible with the HP Tuners based RTD and MPVI only! No other devices are supported, and we have no plans to increase the device offerings at this time. This includes the nGauge and all SCT products.
Custom tuning files and services are non-refundable and non-transferable! You may not use your custom tuning file on any other vehicle or transfer our service, used or unused to any other customer.
2020-23 Ford Explorer 3.0l ZFG Racing Standard Custom Tune
Reasonable Basis - Emissions Testing Verified to have no adverse effect on emissions.
ZFG Racing LLC Reasonable Basis File Number: RBF-001
Products within this category, to the best of ZFG’s knowledge and understanding, demonstrate a reasonable basis that they do not adversely affect vehicle emissions and retain the full operation and functionality of the On-Board Diagnostic System (OBD) Emissions Related Items, and will continue to satisfy emissions requirements, such as meeting standards within useful life or maintaining emissions performance outside useful life. Such labeling does not indicate products are 50 state legal. Consumers are advised to make sure that such parts are installed and used properly in order to maintain compliance with emissions standards.
Reasonable Basis testing under the guidance of SMEA Garage Emissions Compliance for reasonable basis often coincides with CARB EO pending. Additional documentation available upon request.