ZFG RACING CUSTOM TUNE PART NUMBER: ZFG-20-EXPLORER-3.0-CT002
***DMS TUNES REQUIRE THE USE OF THE TDN FOR TUNE DELIVERY/WRITING. THE LAPTOP METHOD IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR TUNE WRITING! DATA LOGGING IS STILL AVAILABLE VIA LAPTOP OR TDN***
This product is for customers who have purchased tunes for their vehical previously only! No tuning device is included! please check out our tuning package if this is your intial tune purchase.
Click Here to view our tuning guide and submit your data!
ZFG RACING DMS (DRIVE MODE SPECIFIC) CUSTOM TUNING
ZFG Racing is excited to announce our new line of drive mode specific custom tuning for the Explorer and Aviator 3.0L engine platforms. This has been a goal for us for a long time and it has finally been made possible by our friends at HP tuners!
What is drive mode specific tuning?
Your vehicle comes with multiple drive modes that from the factory, and those drive modes modify shift points, shift firmness and pedal sensitivity but ultimately, the ecu did not have the ability to change things like the power levels, air fuel ratios and ignition timing by drive mode. That problem has been solved by our friends at HP Tuners and we can now offer a tune that addresses all of your tuning goals at once! No longer will you have to have a separate tune for different power levels/goals they will be all in one including a fully functional tow tune!
How will this work?
With a DMS tune you will be able to choose a specific tune goal for each drive mode! The goals will drive everything from power levels, pedal sensitivity, transmission characteristics and more. The tune goals will be Stock plus, Tow, Daily Driver, Performance and Race!
Will drive mods be fuel specific?
No, not at this time. It does not make sense to have tune where only one or 2 drive modes require a higher-octane fuel than the rest. At this time we will not be offering multiple specific fuel types within a tune. We will still be offering our Auto Octane tunes, 91, 93 and e50.
What power profiles will be available?
There will be 5 profiles available, and each profile will be able to be assigned to a drive mode. The 5 profiles are! Note: your drive mode will still maintain it’s pedal characteristics and shift points. Power level and transmission shift firmness will be adjusted based on the tune selection. Power profiles will be specified when you submit your stock file.
- Daily Driver
What power levels does each drive mode goal and fuel combinations make?
Similar to our standard offering, the tuning affects the maximum power output as well as driving characteristic. Maximum power in stock plus, daily driver and tow will be limited to specific curves where power in for a performance and race tune will be limited by other factors allowing the maximum power to be achieved based on your modifications!
Peak Gains (achieved when selecting a Performance or Race profile)
- Auto Octane- an adaptive tune that adjust the to octane level of the fuel being used. Typical gains of up to 50 hp and 50 ft-lbs of torque when using 93 octane with this tune!
- 91 and 93 Octane- Tunes specific to the rated octane level being used, while still maintaining the ability to turn down the power level if a lower octane level is use on accident. Typical gains of up to 75 hp and 75 ft-lbs!
- E50 supports additional ethanol content of 50%. Typical gains of up to 100 hp and 100ft-lbs!
How to order you custom tune
- Already have a compatible device? No problem simply select “ DMS tune only, I already have a compatible device”.
- If you do not have an HP Tuner MPVI or RTD device yet you will need one, and you can choose you device from the drop-down menu. Each tuning package will come with the correct number of credits for the year and model specified in the package.
- Select your fuel.
- Auto octane can support fuels from 87 octane to 93 and up to 30% ethanol.
- Selecting 91 or 93 octane means you will always need run at least that much octane. For example, if you select 91 octane, you must run 91 or 93 octane. It is recommended that you never run ethanol free fuel, as even if the fuel is 93 octane E0 it has a negative impact on the performance of the vehicle. All our pump gas tunes can support up to 30% ethanol and adding ethanol up to 30% will increase the performance of our tunes
- E50 tunes can support an ethanol range from 40-60% however it is recommended you try to be as close to 50% as possible.
Drive mode power profiles well be specific when you submit your stock file!
Our tuning is compatible with the HP Tuners based RTD and MPVI only! No other devices are supported, and we have no plans to increase the device offerings at this time. This includes the nGauge and all SCT products.
Custom tuning files and services are non-refundable and non-transferable! You may not use your custom tuning file on any other vehicle or transfer our service, used or unused to any other customer.
2020+ Ford Explorer 3.0l ZFG Racing Additional DMS Custom Tune
Reasonable Basis - Emissions Testing Verified to have no adverse effect on emissions.
ZFG Racing LLC Reasonable Basis File Number: RBF-001
Products within this category, to the best of ZFG’s knowledge and understanding, demonstrate a reasonable basis that they do not adversely affect vehicle emissions and retain the full operation and functionality of the On-Board Diagnostic System (OBD) Emissions Related Items, and will continue to satisfy emissions requirements, such as meeting standards within useful life or maintaining emissions performance outside useful life. Such labeling does not indicate products are 50 state legal. Consumers are advised to make sure that such parts are installed and used properly in order to maintain compliance with emissions standards.
Reasonable Basis testing under the guidance of SMEA Garage Emissions Compliance for reasonable basis often coincides with CARB EO pending. Additional documentation available upon request.
TDN (Tune Delivery Network)
HP Tuners’ new Tune Delivery Network (TDN) is the fastest and easiest way for tuners to share calibration files and access customer information. Join our network through the TDN portal to instantly share read files and access datalogs for remote diagnostics. The free TDN app syncs with an RTD or MPVI via Bluetooth, removing the laptop for your customers when it comes to licensing and writing tunes to vehicles. The TDN can be used to read your stock file, flash your custom tune and data log!
Package VCM Scanner with MPVI or RTD and you have the most powerful and comprehensive scan tool on the market. View, chart, and log diagnostic data in real time via the vehicle’s OBDII diagnostic data port. View and clear vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) along with other vehicle module information. Command control functions like closed loop, fans, gear select, timing, air fuel ratio and so more all in real time. No editor package can be considered complete without comprehensive scan tool capabilities.